OF THE GROUP OF COMPANIES UNDER
"Plyterra" striving for achieving sustainable development and the implementation of activities by environmentally responsible, socially beneficial and economically reasonable ways, declares commitment to the following basic principles of:
- The legality of procurement and supply of wood, knowledge of its origin;
- Conservation of forests of high environmental value and biodiversity of forest ecosystems;
- Implementation of inexhaustible forest exploitation principles;
- Transparency and openness of the enterprise to the public.
"Plyterra" assumes the following obligations:
- Observe the legality of wood harvesting and procurement, knowledge of its origin;
- Observe effective forest legislation, not to harvest illegally, to strive for a permanent reduction of the number of forestry requirements infringements;
- Not to buy timber from the following sources:
- wood harvested illegally;
- wood harvested in forests which have high environmental value;
- wood harvested on territories where traditional or civil rights of the population are violated.
Save the forests of high environmental value and biodiversity of forest ecosystems:
- Discover forests of high environmental value in the leased forest fund;
- Keep the restrictive mode of work in forests of high environmental value, which provide the preservation of signs of high environmental value forests;
- Identify and save key biotopes and biodiversity elements of forests during harvesting.
Observe inexhaustible forest exploitation principles:
- Not to exceed the permitted volumes of harvested wood, volumes that ensure continuous and inexhaustible forest exploitation in long perspective;
- Conduct the efficient system of forest recreation, measures for preservation and protection of forests from fires, pests and diseases;
- Achieve decreasing of the negative impacts on forests during forest exploitation;
- Raise the efficiency of forest resources usage, include low-grade wood and waste into processing.
Strive for transparency and openness of the enterprise to the public:
- Inform the public, suppliers and customers about activity of the enterprise in the field of forest exploitation and protection of the environment;
- Take part in a disccussion on the environmental aspects of the company activity with all interested parties at the international, national and regional levels.
We ask all personnel of the enterprises, included into the group, to follow the above indicated principles of the Environmental Policy!